Friday, January 23, 2009

Pushing Limits...

Like most babies these days, I have been sleeping on my back since birth. While both Mommy and Daddy May slept on their tummies when they were babies, I really haven't spent too much time on my tummy. To be honest, I've never been a big fan of "tummy time." I tolerate it ok for a few minutes, but, after rubbing my face into the blanket, or floor, or mattress time and again, I just get cranky. Lately, though, I have started getting strong enough to hold myself up better. I am also starting to learn how to use my feet to push myself forward. Today I even moved forward enough to reach one of my favorite things... my monkey book!

Even though it will be a little while before I get this crawling business under control, I have made great strides toward something even more exciting--walking! I have two different jumpers and a walker, so I have very strong legs. Today I even stood all by myself for the very first time!!

Granted, I only managed it for a few minutes, and Mommy May was right there to make sure I didn't get hurt. But I still think it's a really big deal, and I am super proud of me :-)

No comments: