Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Room of His Own...

Mommy and Daddy May and Nani have been working REALLY hard over the past few days to prepare my own little place in the world. Mommy May and I had an exciting day last Thursday... she was doing laundry, washing my awesome new clothes and blankets, and I started to feel squeezed. I guess Mommy May felt it too. She ignored it for a while, but the squeezes kept coming about every 7 minutes or so. I guess she got pretty nervous that it might be time for me to be born; I wasn't sure at first either, but then things calmed down.

When Daddy May got home, they were talking about how they really didn't have things ready for me yet (told you they've been lazy!) and how the squeezes, which Mommy May called false contractions, were a real wake up call. Since that day, everyone here has been so busy!!
My nursery is now totally ready for me. They also picked out my outfit to wear home from the hospital, and Daddy May finally figured out how to put the car seat in the car.

Here's a picture of my fancy new bed (obviously, the toys won't be in there when I am!):


If you look near the bottom of my crib, you can just see my Itty Bitty Kitty... she's been pretty nervous about all of the changes around here. Mommy May has been trying to get her prepared by playing sound clips of a baby crying (like I'm going to be doing all the time), and Itty Bitty freaks out and runs from the room... boy, that cracks me up every time!

Because of limited space and so that I can use it as I get older, Mommy and Daddy May have a regular bed in my room, too. The best thing about it is that people can come over and spend the night sometimes! And, don't worry, I'll sleep in Mommy and Daddy May's room when we have guests so I don't wake anybody up during my midnight snacks.



Here's one last picture of my room, which includes the all-important diaper pail and changing table... Daddy May has never changed a baby's diaper before! I'll go easy on him at first, but boy is he in for some stinky surprises!

Yes, that is a doll in my bouncer. Nani brought it over so that Daddy May could practice changing diapers. Sometimes adults are just silly.

2 comments:

tazulu said...

Oh, how lovely is baby Evan's room!

Things I May Regret Writing said...

I'd like to put out there that really, there is no need to be practicing diaper changing. You will get all the diaper changing practice you need on the job. Instead, ENJOY YOUR LAST FEW PRECIOUS DIAPER FREE MOMENTS!

-Lillian