Friday, October 17, 2008

Night Moves...

Today was a relatively uneventful day, which was just fine by me and Mommy May. We ran a few errands to get ready for my Tía Lu's visit! She is coming up this weekend for the Nike Women's Marathon in SF. She'll get here tonight, but way past my bedtime! I get to spend most of tomorrow with her, though, and I can't wait!

Once Mommy May and I got back home today, I spent a lot of the afternoon playing, which has become my favorite pastime! Here I am having a meeting with a few of my toys; sometimes they get a little feisty, so I have to remind them who's boss:

Did you notice, right at the end of the video, where I crane my head around as if I'm going to take a bite out of my monkey? Well, that's my new thing. I often sleep in that weird position now. Go figure.

Speaking of sleep, Mommy and Daddy May are slowly weaning me off swaddling. I still need to be wrapped when I first go to sleep, so Mommy May just wraps me lightly with a blanket that I can easily wiggle out of as I move around. And boy do I move!! Another of my sleep-related quirks is the tendency to move myself into the corner of my crib, like this:

Mommy and Daddy May always, always place me in the middle of my crib to sleep, but they usually find me up in that corner before too long. Just to show that I don't discriminate against other corners, here I am at the other end:

I'm also a big fan of sleeping on my side now, as you can see in this dignified picture that we titled Stupor:

p.s. On a completely unrelated note, Mommy May had a pretty good coupon, so she picked me up a boppy pillow today. In addition to being useful as a nursing pillow, it's great for tummy time. There's actually a pretty cute picture of me smiling with my new pillow, but I'm including this one instead, because Mommy May said it made her heart melt into a puddle on the floor:

I guess it is true that mommies have to love their children... even when they drool!

1 comment: