Sunday, October 5, 2008

My BFF...

This weekend--which was EXCELLENT--held many firsts for me!! I have recently been taking much more of an interest in toys, so Daddy May started digging out a few of my many toys that had been packed away for our move. There was a set of toy keys, some finger puppets, a couple rattles, and, best of all, my new best friend! Here I am, hugging my monkey:

Who knew a 3-month-old knew how to hug? I did, silly!

I spent much of the day hugging and chewing on my little monkey; luckily, he didn't seem to mind at all! I insisted on spending the whole day with him, during play time, nap time, and even when we went out to run errands. We also talked lots and lots and shared all of our secrets, as you can see here:

While we're on the subject of toys, Mommy May also got me some cool new gear this weekend. For my first few months, I spent most of my "hang out" time in my bouncer or my swing. At first, that was all I needed. Recently, though, as I have gotten better and better at holding my head up, I have really been wanting to sit up straighter!! I also really like to stand (with lots of help, of course!) and push myself up with my legs. When Mommy May was a baby, she spent lots of time running around in her walker. In fact, she told me she learned to walk even before she learned to crawl! Yin-Yin was also telling us that Daddy May used to love bouncing around in his jumper. Mommy May wasn't sure which one I would like better, so she ended up getting me both. Thanks, Mommy May!! Here I am in my new jumpster:

I still need some help and support to manuever this contraption, but I am taking it very seriously, learning how to bounce myself, turn around, and push up with my feet. It's been a blast! I also like my walker, though, for now, it's really more of a supportive seat for me, where I can sit up straight and be a part of all the action here at home.

Last but certainly not least is my light-up bear. If you take another look at my first monkey picture, there's a white teddy bear up in the corner. That was a gift from one of my relatives, sent before I was even born. Daddy May broke it out recently, and I find it mesmerizing. There's a button on the paw that, when pressed, makes the bear light up from the inside, slowly cycling through different colors. It's totally trippy! For the most part, the colors are beautiful pastels... every once in a while, though, the lights cycle through red, which makes my bear look just a little bit evil. I don't mind, though. We have realized that the soothing lights really help me fall asleep. Tonight, after Mommy May fed me one last time and Daddy May read me a story, they put me to bed, sleepy and awake, and turned on the bear. With no complaint, no tears, I settled down to watch the light show and wait for sweet dreams.

No comments: