Thursday, May 14, 2009

¡Feliz Cumpleaños, Nani!

For Nani's special April birthday, we took her on a drive down to Santa Barbara to see my Tía Lu. It was a nice, relaxing weekend... and a surprise birthday party, too! Nani was a tiny bit suspicious when she saw us seated at a big, long table, but, seeing as how she cried when she saw our whole family arrive from So Cal, I think she was still super surprised. Here she is, with the whole gang... see me hanging out with my Great Uncle Norman?

What's a surprise birthday party without surprise vegan chocolate cake?! Um...

Yeah, Nani loves chocolate but can't have dairy, hence the vegan cake. It was beautiful, and chocolate, and vegan... and that's about all I can say about it without getting myself in trouble :)

I was also honored to meet my Great Grandma during the party, though everyone just calls her Grammy. Here we are, all 4 generations:

We all had a great time, and my cousin Allen offered his opinion of the day:

Well said, primo... well said.

No comments: