Friday, June 6, 2008

So close, and yet so far...

Mommy and Daddy May and I went to our 37 week doctor's appointment today. These monthly visits haven't been terribly exciting up till now. They check Mommy May's weight and blood pressure and listen to my heartrate (which is always good, of course!).

Today, however, threw me for a loop. There I was, just hanging out, minding my own business, kicking Mommy May a little for good measure, when, all of a sudden, I got poked in the head! Now that I was totally not expecting. Apparently, today was the first of the internal exams, where the doctor checks to see how close Mommy May might be to going into labor. I missed some of what the doctor said afterwards, seeing as how I was so shocked, but I think the jist of it is that Mommy May's cervix is starting to lift forward and efface (which I guess means to thin out), but not much dilation so far. I believe the doctor's exact words were, "Nothing to write home about so far."

So, it seems I'm staying put, at least for now... there's still time to get those predictions in for the Baby May Pool... don't forget to include both a date and time!

1 comment:

Trav said...

Hello Baby May. Can't wait to meet you! Please do me a favor and try to aim for June 30th... ohhh... I don't know... maybe around 7am. That would be perfect. Thanks. :)

PS Give your mom and dad big hugs from me.