Tuesday, June 24, 2008

There's No Place Like Home... No, Really...

Hello, again! After staying in the hospital Friday night, all day Saturday, and half of Sunday (cause they still wanted to monitor Mommy May's blood pressure), we loaded up into the car and headed home. I don't remember much of the ride... who knew car rides could induce coma? Next thing I knew, we were home!

The first order of business, after carting all of our stuff inside, was a formal introduction to Itty Bitty Kitty! We were both a little cautious and a lot curious. All in all, things went fine, until I made a noise and Itty Bitty bolted from the room. I guess we'll try again later.

We all settled down and got ready for our first night at home. Itty Bitty Kitty, however, had other ideas. While I was a good baby and slept through a lot of the night other than my feedings, Itty Bitty kept Mommy and Daddy May up most of the night; she meowed and meowed no matter what they did! At one point, Mommy got scared that the kitty was sick and running a fever. They decided Daddy May would take Itty Bitty to the vet in the morning. Finally, Daddy May had to sleep on the couch with the kitty; that was the only way she would settle down.

So, Monday morning, Daddy May and Itty Bitty went to the vet. The doctor said she was fine, just very upset at my arrival. I could have gotten insulted, but I just decided to keep trying to make friends.

THEN, Mommy and Daddy May had to get us ready for my first outing because I had my first doctor's appointment that afternoon. Things really didn't go too smoothly for my poor parents. First, even though they started getting ready early so they wouldn't be late, they just didn't understand how long it can take to get a baby ready to go out! Running late and rushing, Mommy May fell on the outside stairs and twisted her ankle. Now, some of you may not know this, but my Mommy May, bless her heart, is a bit of a klutz. She is pretty prone to tripping and twisting her ankles, even breaking one at one point. Is it ironic that Mommy May never fell even once during the whole pregnancy (even though everyone warns that pregnant women are prone to falling) only to fall and hurt herself one day after giving birth? Oh, Mommy May.

Things at the doctor's office continued to be a challenge, as Kaiser couldn't find information on me, and we hadn't taken my paperwork. Everything got sorted out in the end, though, and my first check-up was great. I haven't lost much weight, just 7 oz, and breastfeeding is going very well.

Once we got home, Mommy and Daddy May questioned whether they'd ever want to leave the house with me again! But, I think we'll all be fine after Mommy and Daddy May catch up on some sleep... if I let them, that is!

I will close with a picture I wanted to share. Everyone keeps saying I'm so big, but I think I look quite dainty, myself:

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh no! Hope future outings are trauma-free. Glad to hear Evan is healthy, but what about Momma? How's that ankle doing?