Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Adventures in Diapering...

They tell me a picture is worth a thousand words... but, never fear, there won't be any photos included in this post!

When Mommy and Daddy May found out they were having me (a boy!), they got a lot of joking advice about how I would love to pee on them during diaper changes. I have to admit, it is a lot of fun!! I even baptized Daddy May my first night of life, during my first diaper change, when we were still at the hospital. Since then, I have taken many an opportunity to shower them down, particularly in the middle of the night, when Mommy and Daddy May are super sleepy and let down their guard.

What no one mentioned to my poor, beleaguered parents, however, is that I would also be prone to pooping (yes, I used the word pooping... I am a baby, and I poop, and I use words like "poop") during diaper changes. That, my friends, has not been fun for any of us! I try to give them signals, but, brilliant as I am, I am not yet speaking, and even I get taken by surprise at times. We don't know if this is a rare phenomenon and I am a mutant baby, or if this is some secret rite that parents have to endure but no one talks about... all I know is that I hope we, as a family, can find a better system before my poor changing table is rendered unusable.

Thanks for tolerating such an indelicate topic... I promise that my next post will return to more lighthearted, and cleanly, matters.

No comments: