Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Day in the Life...

Things around here have been busy, let me tell you! We haven't even had time to take too many pictures the past few days, though I promise not to let that happen often. Here's a photo my Yin-Yin emailed to us; she took it with her camera when she was here for a visit last Saturday:


Anyway, to begin: yesterday started super early... matter of fact, I think it's the earliest day I've had yet in my young life. We needed to take our hatchback in for service, so Mommy May hadto drop Daddy May off at the BART station by 6am. Well, as all of you parents out there know, you don't just roll out of bed and hop in the car when you have a baby. We all got up by 5am, so I could be fed and changed and ready in time to go. To tell the truth, I took the trip in my pj's... we figured it was ok seeing as how I'm a baby and all.

We got Daddy May to BART on time and then came home. We had a few hours to eat and relax, then it was time to head over to Nani's house. We picked her up and then went to the bank and then dropped off our car at the dealership. While we were there, Mommy May realized she hadn't brought something the dealer needed, so we had to go BACK home. Well, by this time, even the best of babies (i.e., me!) would need a break, so, since we were home again, we took another break so I could be fed and changed once again.

Next up, Babies R Us. I've written before about how Mommy May is already pumping milk to stock up for when she heads back to work in August. Well, our freezer is a disaster! Milk bags everywhere, even falling out whenever someone opens the freezer door. We went to the baby store to buy a special organizer box. Nani thought that was a little silly; she wondered why we couldn't just use a cheaper, regular box. But this box is fancy and squeezes the milk bags so they freeze flat and take up less space; the box also stores those bags standing up. It's really a neat system.

By this time, it was almost 3pm. Time to go home? Nope! Since we were out and near Oakland, we headed down to Daddy's work so I could meet some of his coworkers. Everyone there was very nice, although one guy said I was a beautiful girl. Of all the nerve! After the visit, Daddy May came with us and we went to Panda Express. I drank my baba and they had a late lunch.

Thankfully, the day started to wrap up after that; we just picked up the hatchback and took Nani home. Whew! I was beat! Here I am, taking a much-needed relaxing bath (censored for obvious reasons!):

No comments: