Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy Happy, Joy Joy...

Things around here have been settling into a pretty nice routine: I start each day with a feeding sometime between 5:00 and 6:00 am, and then I get to lay in bed with Mommy and Daddy May for a little while before they get up and start getting ready for work. Here I am during that special time, all spread out and cozy, while Mommy May catches a few more ZzZz's:

I usually move closer and closer to Mommy May for snuggles; sometimes I end up almost pushing Mommy May off the bed! She says she doesn't mind, though... she just hugs me close and gives me extra kisses.

After that, I greet the day with smiles, getting changed and dressed and fed one more time before Mommy and Daddy May leave for work. Then, my cousin Laura hangs out with me until Nani gets to our house to spend the day with me. We have fun talking and playing... and even watching a few cartoons here and there! This is a bit of an older picture, of me chatting with my Tía Lu on her last visit, but it really shows how much I love to talk:

I still really miss Mommy and Daddy May a lot while they're at work, but I also have a lot of fun with my Nani and cousin Laura. I am drinking more and more milk every day and growing so quickly!! I'm already starting to grow out of my 3-6 month clothes, and we're starting to dress me in 6-9 month sizes. Can you believe that?!

By 4:00 or 4:30 pm, Mommy May finally gets home from work, and we spend a lot of time cuddling and talking and feeding. Daddy May gets home a little after 5:00 pm, and then he and I catch up too. Mommy and Daddy May got me an awesome jogger stroller, and we take long walks most afternoons, spending time together and getting some fresh air and exercise. Then it's bath time, which I love more and more everyday... I've even learned how to lift up my torso until I start to float in the water! Mommy May says I'm going to swim like a fish someday.

After my bath, Daddy May still reads to me every night, and I am really starting to get into the pictures and stories! Here we are, reading about a trickster named Justin:

After my story, and one more quick snack, it's time to sleep. I still go to bed between 7:00 and 8:00 pm, but now I sleep straight through until almost 3:00 am. Mommy May feeds me really quickly, then it's back to sleep until the next day begins.

Not a bad life, eh?

4 comments:

Things I May Regret Writing said...

Hey, I recognize a lot of those outfits! Glad you're getting good use out of them. That last one, by the way, I think is a size 12 months??? They grow so fast. And is it pathetic that seeing these old clothes makes me choke up?

Trav said...

Most importantly, you are getting CUTER every day!!! I can't wait to meet you in a few weeks!!

Ina said...

You are soooooo cute!!!!!! When will I be able to hug you? Lots of love!

Things I May Regret Writing said...

I just showed Erik these photos, and we both got a little emotional seeing Evan in that "Mommy and Me" sleeper, because we have such clear memories of it. He even said, "Evan even looks like Little Boo in that picture."