Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Not-So-Fairy Tales...

My poor Mommy May is feeling under the weather. She and Daddy May cleaned out an old fridge on Saturday afternoon--and there were a lot of mold spores in the freezer! They wore gloves and masks and tried to avoid breathing it in, but, on Sunday evening, Mommy May started sneezing and couldn't stop. Since then, she has felt awful and has had lots of trouble with her sinuses. Kaiser recommended rest, Claritin, and Benadryl. I hate to see Mommy May sick, but I was happy to spend the day with her today. I was extra-special good and everything!!

We both took several naps today, and read more than a few books. One story, that Mommy May picked up from the library, was particularly interesting:

Mommy May and I both really liked the story... I even had Daddy May read it to me again tonight at bedtime. It is certainly not your run-of-the-mill children's book. The book is all about Mr. Wolf and his Grandma, who are hosting a party in honor of Baby Bear's birthday. The book starts with tips on cooking, recipes, and cleaning up. There is a definite twist, however, when that naughty little girl, Goldilocks, finally gets her comeuppance.

We all thought it was a hoot. When Mommy May looked it up on Amazon.com, however, she was pretty surprised at how many parents blasted it as a violent story. We would like to take a stand and defend this clever story. It is in no way violent, and only--just barely--hints at blondie's fate.

Or perhaps we're just a perverse little family :-)

1 comment:

Trav said...

Haha... I love that you're a little perverse. Stay that way!

Sorry to hear that mommy is feeling sick! I hope you're doing better by now.

Hugs and kisses to all of you! - Trav