Saturday, September 13, 2008

Third Time's NOT a Charm...

It figures that, just days after posting (insert: bragging) about how wonderful our daily routine has become, things would immediately fall apart.

For the past 3 nights, out of nowhere, I have suddenly started having serious issues with bedtime. I am the same happy baby all day, waking up in the morning happy as a clam, eating and playing and napping as usual into the afternoon. Bath time also goes on without a hitch, and I have even been ok after my bath, while I get into my pj's. Once it's time for my bedtime snack and story time, though, I have what Mommy May has not-so-affectionately described as a meltdown.

Suddenly, I start kicking and screaming and refusing to nurse, refusing my pacifier, and refusing to calm down, even when held and rocked. Mommy and Daddy May have tried all sorts of things to soothe me, to no avail. This goes on for about an hour, until I suddenly decide I'm ready to nurse. I then eat, calm down, and go right to sleep. Even I admit that this is strange behavior, and very, very unlike me.

I wish I could help them out and tell them what's wrong, but, hey, I'm just an infant. I can't talk, and, even if I could, I still couldn't tell them, cause I don't honestly know. All I know is that I get very upset and uncomfortable and wish it would stop!

In closing, I feel the need to acknowledge that, in the grand scheme of things, an hour of fussiness a night is hardly cause for panic. We've just become so accustomed to bedtime going off without a hitch, and it's strange to have such a change so quickly without any idea why.

I promise to keep everyone posted... hopefully, I'll have good news soon!

No comments: