Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quarterly Report...

I am 3 months old today. Can you even believe it?!?! My, how time flies...

Here's a photo Daddy May took this morning:

Don't I look handsome? Mommy May was telling me today that, while she would never regret having a son (especially one as darling as me!), she used to look at the little girl clothes and sigh over how adorable they were. But, now, she's just as excited to dress me in what she calls my big boy clothes. I even have a few pairs of sneakers already, and lots of cute polo shirts... just like Daddy May!

I have also reached another major milestone... I have learned how to grab my toys!! Here I am playing with one, albeit a bit solemnly:


Somehow, in that last shot, I seem to have lost my pants... pardon my chubby thighs :-)

And, here I am, relaxing with what is still my favorite play thing:

While today started with smiles and play, the rest of the day didn't quite work out that way. Mommy and Daddy May always take me with them to do weekend errands, and I am always very well behaved. Today, I was fussy and cranky and cried so hard in one store that Mommy May had to take me out to the car, where I continued to cry inconsolably for another 20 minutes.

Eventually, I fell asleep and napped while Mommy and Daddy May had a quick lunch. Once we were home, I was ok for a while, though much quicker to cry than normal. My afternoon was nice, and I played some more with Mommy and Daddy May. Bath time, as always, was peaceful and nice, but the tears started up again--BIG TIME--at bedtime.

I didn't want to be swaddled. I didn't want to breastfeed. I didn't want my baba. I didn't want my binky. I didn't want to lay down. I didn't want to be walked. Pretty much, I didn't want to do anything but scream and cry. At long, long last, after an hour of this, I let Mommy May hold and rock me while I sucked on my binky. When she tried to put me down in my crib, the waterworks started once again. So Mommy May, bless her, held me, rocked me, kissed me, and sang to me, until I finally, finally, fell asleep.

*snore*

1 comment:

lucypye said...

You look great! I wish I could give you a hug (but only if you don't cry). :P