Sunday, September 14, 2008

Solano Avenue Stroll

Today was Albany's 34th annual Solano Stroll, and we had a great time walking around and checking it out! Solano Ave is a pretty cool street in Albany/Berkeley, with lots of restaurants and shops. The Stroll is an annual street fair, and it's very popular, as you can see here:

Here we are with my very comfy and cozy jogger stroller:

Yes, I am indeed wearing a doggie hat, and, yes, I realize I am adorable:

The best part of the day was the parade... I loved the horses!

Everyone thought this funny little car was interesting:

This car, though, takes the cake! Only in Berkeley, eh?

There was also plenty of different kinds of dancing!

There were booths of all kinds, for food, crafts, health, clubs... even religion!! I am just sorry Mommy May didn't snap a picture of the East Bay Atheists booth. I think it's safe to say that people of all kinds were represented... for bike lovers, there was even a Bike Rapper. That's right, this guy spent the day rapping about how great bikeriding is:

After a while, and a short nap while Mommy and Daddy May and Laura walked around some more, I started to get hungry, so we started the trek home. On the way, we admired some of Albany's pretty neighborhoods, and we snapped this cute picture of Cousin Laura and a motorcycle:

A few blocks up from our place, we passed by a house we've seen a few times before. Today, however, there was an unexpected surprise... apparently, Obama is now making house calls:

Here's a close up, just because I thought it was necessary:

All in all, it was a very fun day, and I can't wait to do it again next year!!

No comments: