Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday 2008...

Today was my first experience with the phenomenon that is Black Friday. Here I am at the start of our day, ready to search out big savings:

And, here I am, less than 10 minutes later:

What can I say? I'm a baby! Mommy May has a cold and wasn't feeling too great, plus we didn't really need much this year, so we kept things pretty low key. We headed out around 8:30 am, and we just went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and Longs Drugs. We got a few cute things, and we saved some money.

I didn't really understand all the hoopla about Black Friday, until we got home and heard the news reports. Some employees got trampled to death by overzealous crowds?! Two people shot at a Toys R Us?!?! Believe me, I love toys as much as the next baby, but I wouldn't want Mommy or Daddy May to risk their lives to get me something. I mean, come on, people. Was Thanksgiving only yesterday? I guess some people just didn't get enough turkey.

1 comment:

lucypye said...

oh gosh! I didn't hear about the Toys R Us shootings--so sad...